I was having a FaceTime conversation with my daughter and she is making herself some coffee. She shows me her fancy milk frother that looks like an electric tea kettle. She is using to froth her coffee creamer. So I said to myself, um 🤔, I can do the same with some pumpkin pie spice creamer I had. I don’t have the frother but I do have a hand-held battery-operated frother one.
The next morning, I brewed some coffee, whipped out my handheld frother (I don’t have that fancy one, yet!). I warmed up my creamer in the microwave, then frothed the warm milk with my magic wand, ha!
I poured my coffee in my mug, added sugar, gave it a stir then came the frothed creamer into my morning goodness. I had some whipped cream available so I give it a swirl on top and finished with a dust of cinnamon. And voilà! I made myself and warm, cozy, fall feeling cup of “happy!”😋
I realized there are times we may be craving a pumpkin spice latte. We are busy and sometimes just don’t have the time to run to our favorite coffee shop to pick up a PSL. This is the next best thing to satisfy the sudden craving.
And here’s a tip…whenever you are doing your grocery shopping, add the “Pumpkin Pie Spice” creamer to your list and of course, coffee, so you always have it available when the craving arises. Oh, and the whipped cream is a bonus!
Here is a quick video to get you started. And scroll down for the recipe and instructions.
- Coffee (your favorite coffee)
- 1/4 Pumpkin Pie Spice Coffee Creamer (I used “International Delight” brand. You can add more or less)
- Milk Frother
- 2 tsp sugar (optional) (I used coconut sugar, you can use any sugar)
- Brew your favorite coffee.
- Warm the creamer in a microwave-safe cup, mug, etc. for 25-30 sec.(remember microwave cooking times vary please watch it carefully and adjust accordingly)
- Take your hand-held milk frother, emerge it in the cup where you have the creamer, then turn the frother on and froth the creamer until nice a foamy. (Tip* if you are making more than one serving, you can also pour the warmed creamer into a french press and froth the creamer that way). PLEASE DO NOT TURN THE HAND-HELD FROTHER ON BEFORE EMERGING IT IN THE CREAMER OR YOU WILL HAVE A NICE SURPRISE…A MESS.😆
- Pour your desired coffee into your coffee cup and add sugar and stir. Pour the frothed creamer. Top with whip cream and sprinkle some cinnamon.
This simple indulgence can be adjusted to your liking.